Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hope


I was gazing upon a picture of the old truck today.  It has been almost two years since I heard there was an old truck setting out behind this guy’s house.  He told me to go look at it.  He said, “If you want it you can have it.”   The old truck has been mine since the day I brought her home.  The present and future condition of this ole’ truck now rest upon my ability to keep any and all promises I have made.  The funny part was, there in the yard; to look at her you could not tell much had changed.  The old truck had a new position, my yard.  It had new authority, my control.  She had a new loyalty, my service.  The work of rescue and restoration had begun!  Now the old truck is somewhere amid the reality of what she once was, and what she will become!  In this place concerning two realities there is a lot of room for her old scars to be seen while she is in full anticipating a new life.  Those of us who see the scars should not judge.  Those of us who see her beauty should find hope for the days ahead.  Her hope is with her owner, the one who made the promises; she will run the roads again.

 Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.  And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.              1 John 3:2-3 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment