Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Thank You


I was getting ready to close the garage door.  I was done for the day.  As I turned, I saw the old truck take a bow!  The last time that cab was off that frame was 1954.  There it was, off the frame, and hanging from the rafters with a forward lean.  When I found her she had been stuck under a tree on a windy Kansas hill, abandoned to the elements.  I laughed as I thought how it looked like an old reliable friend who, after folding her hands, was slightly bowing in deep respect and gratitude for a small favor.  Is the old truck thankful for the opportunity of a better life?  Thankfulness!  Wow!  There is an old idea that could use restoration!  I closed the garage door, shut off the lights, and went home wondering about ‘thankfulness.’  To whom do I owe an old fashioned, “thank you?”

 We give thanks to you, O God; we give thanks, for your name is near.  We recount your wondrous deeds.                                                           Psalms 75:1 (ESV)

1 comment: