Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Certain Things




Certain things have to happen.  Basically the collection of available knowledge and wisdom is the result of the hard work and experience of others.  No matter who has tried it before, the letter A still comes before B, and number 2 still follows number 1.  Knowledge is written in the books, so I read the books.  Wisdom is written in the heart of those who have applied the knowledge, so I talk to people.  Someone has been here before me.  Many of the issues I struggle with others have dealt with long before I came to this project.  These fathers of knowledge, these patriarchs of wisdom know exactly what I am up against.  They know at a glance what must be accomplished in order for me to move forward.  They see the trail ahead.  They can read the signs.  They watch with anticipation as I continue to correct the havoc and destruction brought about by the savage road and decay of time.  I am learning to seek for the truth and their assistance.  Certain things have to happen if there is to be any significant progress.  Maybe if I step back, straighten up, and take a fresh look at my old truck, perhaps then, I would see more clearly exactly where I am. 

Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”               Luke 21:28 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment